I am working on a small project in which I want let the user know some information in entering data using tool tips, but the text tool tip size is too small, not the best view of that, so i was wondering if someone can help me out with it.
I am working on a small project in which I want let the user know some information in entering data using tool tips, but the text tool tip size is too small, not the best view of that, so i was wondering if someone can help me out with it.
If you just want to resize your tooltip, you can probably call setPreferredSize(Dimension preferredSize). You can set the dimension like so:
Dimension d = myToolTip.getPreferredSize();
// Or:
Dimension d2 = new Dimension(20, 30);
myToolTip.setPreferredSize(d2);
EDIT: If you want to adjust the font of the text of the tooltip you can do so like this:
UIManager.put("ToolTip.font", new Font("Arial", Font.BOLD, 14));
See here for the javadoc, here for an example, here for another SO question, and here for JToolTip customization.