I have a JSON I would like to put into my mongo db database. My JSON holds some relational data. This data is internal to that JSON, I don't need to store this anywhere else. Example:
{
title: "John film list"
films [
{
title: "Once upon a time in Hollywood"
director: '1a' //referencing the director using an ID of type string
},
{
title: "Some film with empty director field",
director: ''
}
],
directors: [
{
id: '1a', //find the director here
name: 'Tarantino'
}
]
}
I do not need to store anything centrally (I don't need a big list of directors somewhere), but in this very document I need to be able to look up the director (1a) and get back Tarantino.
I managed to push this JSON format to MongoDB. However, it gives my schemas new ids (_id-field) and I am confused now as to how to relate the two properly in mongo?