Using Confluence and using the code block macro and the engineer would like to highlight a line of code. The tools up top are grayed out once I am inside the macro. How can I apply a yellow highlight or bold to text when inside the code block macro?
Using Confluence and using the code block macro and the engineer would like to highlight a line of code. The tools up top are grayed out once I am inside the macro. How can I apply a yellow highlight or bold to text when inside the code block macro?
Sadly, you can't (AFAIK). However, you could try adding comments inside the code. For example, if the code is
int myVar = 5;
myVar = myVar * myVar;
and your engineer would like to highlight myVar = myVar * myVar;, you can edit the macro to look like this:
int myVar = 5;
//
// !IMPORTANT
//
myVar = myVar * myVar;
or, more elegantly
int myVar = 5;
myVar = myVar * myVar; // !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
However, the comment symbols might change from programming language to programming language, so consult with the engineer what style would be appropriate.