I am trying to move some functions to separate file in c project.
I made util.h file with
#ifndef _UTIL_H
#define _UTIL_H
#include <signal.h>
#include <termios.h>
#include <time.h>
...
extern struct timeval tv1, tv2, dtv;
void time_start();
long time_stop();
and I made util.c file with
#include "util.h"
...
struct timeval tv1, tv2, dtv;
void time_start() { gettimeofday(&tv1, &timezone); }
long time_stop()
{
gettimeofday(&tv2, &timezone);
dtv.tv_sec = tv2.tv_sec - tv1.tv_sec;
...
in cmake I have
add_executable(mpptd mpptd.c util.c)
and I get the following errors during compile
[build] ../settings/daemons/util.c: In function ‘time_stop’:
[build] ../settings/daemons/util.c:14:8: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct timeval’
[build] dtv.tv_sec = tv2.tv_sec - tv1.tv_sec;
[build] ^
and
[build] ../settings/daemons/util.c: At top level:
[build] ../settings/daemons/util.c:7:16: error: storage size of ‘tv1’ isn’t known
[build] struct timeval tv1, tv2, dtv;
[build] ^~~
What can be wrong here? Why "storage size" error goes later than "undefined type" error? Whouldn't it go earlier?