Navigate through usages in CLion's Hierarchy View and opening the Hierarchy View for fields and constructors

Viewed 44

I'm having some troubles when using the hierarchy view (ctrl + alt + H) in CLion 2020.2.3 for a C++ project. I could not figure out the following two things, even after searching the web:

  1. Navigating between different usages: In the hierarchy view for a method X, there is sometimes a method Y that calls X from multiple places within the same method. It shows this by having (3 usages), for example, next to the method Y. When clicking on method Y, I get to the first usage of X. How can I navigate to the next usage of X within method Y (the remaining 2 usages)? I intuitively double clicked on it but that does not work.
  2. Opening the hierarchy view does not seem to work on constructors and fields. Why? When following a call chain in the hierarchy view, it stops to load once a constructor is opened. This is a little bit annoying. This worked perfectly fine in Eclipse, for example.

Coming from Eclipse (using ctrl + alt + G/H), this is a pain point as I used the hierarchy view a lot there. Going over the usages window shows me the direct usages but not the hierarchy. Can anybody help on these two points or provide some suitable alternatives? Thanks a lot!

0 Answers
Related