With Java, how would I use the JasperServer Reports REST API to deploy an input control to the server?

Viewed 126

I have been unable to get Tibco support to come up with a solution for this, so I am thinking it is not possible, even though they document that it is.

I want to:

  1. deploy an input control to the JasperReports server,
  2. putting it into a specific folder,
  3. using Java and their REST API,
  4. and then list all the input controls back through a HTTP request (return a full list in json or xml)

Requirements:

Language: Java

API: JasperReports Server REST API

Authentication: POST

Then any HTTP method after the authentication via POST to send a JSON file to the server that defines and deploys the input control.


artifacts:

  1. A single .java file (using built in JDK libraries, or minimal dependencies declared in a pom.xml)
  2. pom.xml

To understand this, I am hoping to find a bare bones solution that uses low level HTTP calls (no frameworks other than any HTTP client in Java).

I have searched, read the manual (it's horrible), many documents, so many things, and logged a support ticket with Tibco, and they are unable to find anyone in the company that can do this.

0 Answers
Related