I want to delete a constraint on a view in Android Studio?

Viewed 702

I used to delete a constraint on a view by clicking on the blue circle as shown in the image. But it is not working.

I think Android Studio team changed something in the UI of Android Studio?

Details of my system

O.S. -> Windows 10

Bit -> 64 bit

Android Studio -> 3.6.1

Screenshot

2 Answers

You can delete a constraint by doing any of the following:

  • Click on a constraint to select it, and then press Delete.
  • Press and hold Control (Command on macOS), and then click on a constraint anchor. Note that the constraint turns red to indicate that you can click to delete it
  • In the Layout section of the Attributes window, click on a constraint anchor.

Source

Add or remove a constraint

Just delete it in "Code" view, I think it's way easier to do things like this there. (Normally in the top-right corner you have three buttons when you have a layout file open: "Code", "Split", and "Design".)

Related