Is there any method to clean old plugins/features from disk automatically once new plugin/features are installed in eclipse RCP?

Viewed 139

I am building an RCP application, where there will be updates in the features/plugins every quarter. So, if a user chooses to auto update the feature/plugin then new jars for updated plugins are getting downloaded, but the old plugins are still using my disk space which are no more in use.

I have tired deleting the installation history which has the information of old jar. While I try to delete it, it shows me the below given message

Error Message for deleting installation history

But this does not delete the .jar, I can still find it in my feature/plugin folder.

Also, this is a manual process. So, is there any way where the old plugins gets deleted automatically when there is new jars with updated version.

1 Answers
Related