I have a piece of code where I'm trying to place Firestore data within a picker. I have made it previously so that the picker will show the Firestore data, but I am unable to select it to show in the 'selected view' therefore I rewrote the code and have the following error "Initializer 'init(_:)' requires that 'getSchoolData' conform to 'StringProtocol' "
Please excuse that it may sound like a daft question I just can't seem to solve it. A copy of my code is below. I have tried working on this for weeks but at a loss so please be kind, I'm new to coding.
Thanks in advance,
import SwiftUI
import Firebase
struct SchoolDetailsView: View {
let schoolData = [getSchoolData()]
@State var selectedSchool = 0
var body: some View {
VStack {
Form {
Section {
Picker(selection: $selectedSchool, label: Text("School Name")) {
ForEach(0 ..< schoolData.count) {
Text(self.schoolData[$0])
}
}
Text("Selected School: \(selectedSchool)")
}
}.navigationBarTitle("Select your school")
}
}
}
struct SchoolPicker_Previews: PreviewProvider {
static var previews: some View {
SchoolDetailsView()
}
}
class getSchoolData : ObservableObject{
@Published var datas = [schoolName]()
init() {
let db = Firestore.firestore()
db.collection("School Name").addSnapshotListener { (snap, err) in
if err != nil{
print((err?.localizedDescription)!)
return
}
for i in snap!.documentChanges{
let id = i.document.documentID
let name = i.document.get("Name") as! String
self.datas.append(schoolName(id: id, name: name))
}
}
}
}
struct schoolName : Identifiable {
var id : String
var name : String
}