Suppose I have the following dataframe:
. Column1 Column2
0 25 1
1 89 2
2 59 3
3 78 10
4 99 20
5 38 30
6 89 100
7 57 200
8 87 300
Im not sure if what I want to do is impossible or not. But I want to compare every three rows of column1 and then take the highest 2 out the three rows and assign the corresponding 2 Column2 values to a new column. The values in column 3 does not matter if they are joined or not. It does not matter if they are arranged or not for I know every 2 rows of column 3 belong to every 3 rows of column 1.
. Column1 Column2 Column3
0 25 1 2
1 89 2 3
2 59 3
3 78 10 20
4 99 20 10
5 38 30
6 89 100 100
7 57 200 300
8 87 300