Laravel The stream or file "storage/laravel.log" could not be opened in append mode: failed to open stream: Permission denied in RHEL8

Viewed 21719

I need help here. I installed Laravel in my RHEL 8 Server

But I'm getting this error. I know this question already posted many times but I tried to follow the suggestion but no luck for me so far. I have no idea why.

The stream or file "/var/www/html/vpa/storage/logs/laravel.log" could not be opened in append mode: failed to open stream: Permission denied

enter image description here I tried to use this command to change the permission but it didn't work .

sudo chown -R $USER:www-data storage
sudo chown -R $USER:www-data bootstrap/cache 
sudo chmod -R 755 storage
sudo chmod -R 755 bootstrap/cache

sudo setenforce 0 
sudo chcon -t httpd_sys_rw_content_t storage

php artisan config:clear
php artisan config:cache
composer dump-autoload

sudo systemctl restart httpd
sudo reboot 

Nothing seems to work on my side . I don't know what else to do. Please help me

7 Answers

on ubuntu this step solved it

php artisan config:clear

php artisan cache:clear

sudo chmod -R 775 /var/www/your_folder

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data var/www/your_folder 

sudo chmod +w storage/logs/laravel.log

Never use 777

Those are irresponsible permissions

I had changed my storage permission by run following command.It works for me:

step 1:

sudo chmod -R +rwX .

step 2:

sudo chown -R $(whoami) .

In my case, apart from ensuring all permissions were correct, I also had to disable SELinux.

Simply Read/Write Permission Allow run this commnad

chmod -R 755 /storage/laravel.log”

Worked for me.

sudo chown -R $USER:$USER /var/www
sudo chmod -R 755 /var/www
sudo chmod -R 755 storage/*
sudo chmod -R 755 bootstrap/*

this work for me

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data ./storage
find ./storage -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
find ./storage -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \;
sudo chown www-data:www-data ./bootstrap/cache -R
find ./bootstrap/cache -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .env
find .env -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
Related