Post-Aggregation Join of two tables in Tableau

Viewed 51

I´m new to tableau and need to do some kind of post-aggregation join, i think. My goal is, to match some data from google search console to some other regional data concerning hotels. This way, i hope to see if hotels for a certain region perform better or worse than their popularity in the google searches would suggest.

I have one table with the hotel-data which looks like this:

Table 1

enter image description here

Here we have three hierarchical region levels. Country, state and region (and some KPI that is aggregated according to the drill-down-level).

Table 2

enter image description here

Table 2 does not follow the hierarchical dimensionality as table 1, but has the same regions.

What i want tableau to do:

I want tableau, to join the regions on the lowest region level, but NOT to aggregate the KPI impressions. So, when i drill-up to the country level, i want the "random KPI" to be summed to 389, but the impressions should be 40.000 only. You might ask yourself why - it´s a different thing if somebody only searches for "country 1" or if he searches for a state or region of this country. For this analysis it is the goal, to not aggregate the impressions for each region.

enter image description here

I would be glad for any hints on how to do this. I thought about doing a blend - which i thought is a kind of post-aggregation join, but i found out, that if i join on the lowest region-level of table 1 with the region-variable of table 2, the impressions always get aggregated. Thanks everyone!

0 Answers
Related