I need conda environment to run some python repositiory. Earlier I had code in my windows PC, I installed the Anaconda shell and every thing else was good to go.. easy peasy!!
But, now I have moved to the code to the server(because of memory requirements). Im using Putty client to access that server and all the operations must be performed using the Putty shell. How do I run conda from there? I installed conda using pip install conda but every time I try to run conda command, it throws following error
ERROR: The install method you used for conda--probably either `pip install conda`
or `easy_install conda`--is not compatible with using conda as an application.
If your intention is to install conda as a standalone application, currently
supported install methods include the Anaconda installer and the miniconda
installer. You can download the miniconda installer from
https://conda.io/miniconda.html.
upon searching, I found out that the conda that is being installed using pip is corrupted. so I went ahead and installed mini conda as per the instructions in the following link:
https://mediawiki.middlebury.edu/CS/Useful_Tools
It did install the miniconda smoothly but if it try to run it still gives me same error as above. can any one help? do I need to unistall the conda which I installed using pip?