Not getting the webhook for a comment on a post from Facebook

Viewed 782

I am working on getting a webhook into my backend when a user writes a comment on a page.

As instructed in https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/discovery/private-replies, I tried to do it but failed.

These are the steps I followed.

  1. Got 'page_show_list' and 'page_manage_metadata' permission
  2. Went to https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer/ and got a 'page Access token selecting the correct page. Here I selected 'page_show_list', 'page_manage_metadata', and 'page_messaging' permission to generate the page access token. Screenshot9 shows my permissions and page selection for page access token generation.

enter image description here

  1. Then I started my backend with that page access token.
  2. In the Facebook Developer portal -> webhooks -> page, I added the backend as the callback URL. It registered successfully without any error.
  3. I tested the webhook manually by clicking the Developer portal ->webhooks -> page ->feed ->test button and by backend got the test content.
  4. Went to the page, added a comment to an existing post, but my backend is not getting anything.

Have I done any mistakes in the middle?

2 Answers
Related