I have the next code in PHP:
$plain = 'some string to encode';
$key = '01234567891234567890123456789012';
$cipherSuite = 'aes-128-cbc';
$iv = null; // I have to use null, I know it's not safe
$result = @openssl_encrypt($plain, $cipherSuite, $key, null, $iv); // Suppress warning of an empty IV
dd($result); // result is 9VK02Mt8IaS+Bng8SbqhCVXUc5TteHKqt3y/EbaJZ1w=
I'm trying to encode the same in online tool - https://www.devglan.com/online-tools/aes-encryption-decryption. Tool says that key must be 16 byte, so I use just half of key - 0123456789123456
It returns exact same result as PHP. Please note that IV is empty.
I need to do the same encryption (and than decription) in JS using Crypto-js
const CryptoJS = require('crypto-js');
var key = CryptoJS.lib.WordArray.create('01234567891234567890123456789012');
var iv = CryptoJS.lib.WordArray.create('');
//var iv = null;
// var iv = CryptoJS.enc.Hex.parse("");
// var iv = CryptoJS.enc.Base64.parse('');
let cfg = {
mode: CryptoJS.mode.CBC,
keySize: 128,
iv: iv
};
const body = 'some string to encode';
const encryptedBody = CryptoJS.AES.encrypt(body, key, cfg).toString();
console.log( encryptedBody );
// result is VYCEPSx9nmb0FJGf1RiU/daL5nIk/qaJZU82jrlGQws=
Similar example at https://jsfiddle.net/pj76d5ov/
Result in JS is different with PHP. Is there a way to use CryptoJS without IV ?
If I use the key as a string, CryptoJS generates IV based on my key, so I have to use WordArray type.
Then I tried to change iv to some values, but it doesn't help. Setting iv to false or null, or not sending iv at all gives an error.
