I put in the command source followed by my file path and I was wondering what the source command does in the iTerm2 terminal?
Any help on this would be welcome.
I put in the command source followed by my file path and I was wondering what the source command does in the iTerm2 terminal?
Any help on this would be welcome.
source is a shell builtin related to a shell such as tcsh, bash, or zsh and not to a terminal application such as iTerm2.
According to man source:
Shell builtin commands are commands that can be executed within the running shell's process.
You can find more details, in the zsh manual:
source file [ arg ... ]
Same as ‘.’, except that the current directory is always searched and is always searched first, before directories in $path.
and
. file [ arg ... ]
Read commands from file and execute them in the current shell environment.
In few words, source file executes the commands in file.