Can I manually resolve dependency conflicts (SolverProblemError) in poetry?

Viewed 1333

I decided to use poetry, and everything was going well, adding the dependencies of my existing project modules as they were required. When I tried to add the googlesearch-python package I got this SolverProblemError:

(.env) C:\Users\marti\OneDrive\Documents\Master_s_thesis\Code\Mastersthesis>poetry add googlesearch-python
Using version ^2020.0.2 for googlesearch-python

Updating dependencies
Resolving dependencies...

  SolverProblemError

  Because googlesearch-python (2020.0.2) depends on beautifulsoup4 (4.9.1) which depends on soupsieve (<2.0), googlesearch-python (2020.0.2) requires soupsieve (<2.0).
  And because googlesearch-python (2020.0.2) depends on soupsieve (2.0.1), googlesearch-python is forbidden.
  So, because no versions of googlesearch-python match >2020.0.2,<2021.0.0
   and mastersthesis depends on googlesearch-python (^2020.0.2), version solving failed.

  at ~\.poetry\lib\poetry\puzzle\solver.py:241 in _solve
      237│             packages = result.packages
      238│         except OverrideNeeded as e:
      239│             return self.solve_in_compatibility_mode(e.overrides, use_latest=use_latest)
      240│         except SolveFailure as e:
    → 241│             raise SolverProblemError(e)
      242│
      243│         results = dict(
      244│             depth_first_search(
      245│                 PackageNode(self._package, packages), aggregate_package_nodes

After some tweaking, not exactly sure what I did tbh, I can run the dependent files normally, inside or outside my .env venv. But I still can't add googlesearch-python. I have added other packages after this with no problem.

I tried editing the project.toml file directly, bringing beautifulsoup4 to ^4.9.1 down from ^4.9.3, but it didn't have any effect.

0 Answers
Related