Anaconda worker could not start because: connection to localhost timed out after 0.2s. tried to connect 7 > times during 2.0 seconds

Viewed 4428

I've just installed Anaconda by using Package Control; and, after installing it, the terminal show me this message:

anacondaST3: ERROR - Anaconda worker could not start because:

connection to localhost:50462 timed out after 0.2s. tried to connect 7 times during 2.0 seconds

check that there is Python process executing the anaconda jsonserver.py script running in your system. If there is, check that you can connect to your localhost writing the following script in your Sublime Text 3 console:

import socket; socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM).connect(("localhost", 50462))

If anaconda works just fine after you received this error and the command above worked you can make anaconda to do not show you this error anymore setting the 'swallow_startup_errors' to 'true' in your configuration file.

And, the Anaconda autocompletation just doesn't work, the only reason I installed Anaconda for.

What should I do? I'm practically a beginner in all of this programming stuff, so, be nice:(

1 Answers

I come cross this problem When I use sublime3, I fix it When I change the python_interpreter

I think you could change the default Anaconda Python interpreter from python to python3. In the preference > Package Settings > Anaconda > "Settings - Default" you could see and change this,from python to python3: "python_interpreter": "python3", which is in line 100.

Related