Animation in iOS 14 widget

Viewed 4030

I can't find solution to implement kind of ProgressBar in Widget. I see, that Text component should be changed if has type .timer for example. I see default widget Clock, with nice animation of moving arrow. But am I able to implement custom animation in widget?

1 Answers

According to a Frameworks Engineer on Developer Apple Forum:

Animations and pan/zoom gesture do not work in widgets built with WidgetKits. Checkout https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2020/10028/, where what works and doesn't.

Throughout the WWDC20 Meet WidgetKit video mentioned above, Apple stresses that Widgets are not mini-apps, so they don't support gesture based views (like scroll views) or animations. Widgets are meant to only have glanceable information. From WWDC20 Meet WidgetKit Video Transcript:

These widgets are not mini-apps. We do not support scrolling within the widget, interactive elements like switches and other system controls, nor videos or animated images.

Related