I'm doing tech research for my next project, and haven't found anything suitable yet, so I'm giving SO a try.
The problem I'm looking to solve is the following:
- I have many (hundreds / thousands) of procedurally generated scenes, each consisting of ~10k cubes.
- In each of them I would like to check 1k-10k rays and get statistics on hit distance.
- This is not a rendering problem - the rays do not all originate from the same position. (So depth-pass based ray tracing is less suitable)
- Performance matters. I would like the underlying code to be either GPU based or parallelizable C.
Is there a framework that allows me to do such things? I looked at game engines but mostly don't raytrace. I prefer to find a python framework framework that does this, but will settle on other languages (C# / C++) as well.
What would be the best way to tackle such a problem?