PHPMailer + HTML2PDF: pdf invalid and pj

Viewed 190

Good morning all , I would like to attach a PDF created following a form with HTML2PDF then send it with PHMailer. Everything works, the email goes well, I managed to create the PDF by saving it on my hard drive. But when I try to attach it to my email, the pdf is fine in pj but I can't open it. enter image description here

It is the same size of my locally created pdf. I followed the tutorial and wiki of the two libraries, well I think ^^ Here is my PHPMailer code:

<?php

use PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer;
use PHPMailer\PHPMailer\Exception;

require './vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/src/Exception.php';
require './vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/src/PHPMailer.php';
require './vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/src/SMTP.php';
require './vendor/autoload.php';

// Instantiation and passing `true` enables exceptions
$mail = new PHPMailer(true);
$mail->CharSet = 'UTF-8';

try {
    //Server settings
    $mail->SMTPDebug = 0;                                       // Enable verbose debug output
    $mail->isSMTP();                                            // Send using SMTP
    $mail->Host       = '******';             // Set the SMTP server to send through
    $mail->SMTPAuth   = true;                                   // Enable SMTP authentication
    $mail->Username   = '*****';                         // SMTP username
    $mail->Password   = '*****';                    // SMTP password
    //$mail->SMTPSecure = PHPMailer::ENCRYPTION_STARTTLS;         // Enable TLS encryption; `PHPMailer::ENCRYPTION_SMTPS` encouraged
    $mail->Port       = ****;                                    // TCP port to connect to, use 465 for `PHPMailer::ENCRYPTION_SMTPS` above

    //Recipients
    $mail->setFrom('****@****.com', '****');
    $mail->addAddress($to);     // Add a recipient
    //$mail->addAddress('ellen@example.com');               // Name is optional
    $mail->addReplyTo($shop_email, 'Votre magasin');
    //$mail->addCC('cc@example.com');

    $mail->addBCC($shop_email);

    // Attachments
    $mail->addStringAttachment($pdf_done, 'myPdf.pdf');         // Add attachments
    //$mail->addAttachment('/tmp/image.jpg', 'new.jpg');    // Optional name

    // Content
    $mail->isHTML(true);                                  // Set email format to HTML
    $mail->Subject = $subject;
    $mail->Body    = $message;
    $mail->AltBody = strip_tags($message);

    $mail->send();
    echo '';
} catch (Exception $e) {
    echo "Message could not be sent. Mailer Error: {$mail->ErrorInfo}";
}

?>

and here is the code for HTML2PDF:

ob_start();
// --> mon code HTML de creeation du PDF
$content = ob_get_clean();

require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/../vendor/autoload.php';
use Spipu\Html2Pdf\Html2Pdf;
use Spipu\Html2Pdf\Exception\Html2PdfException;
use Spipu\Html2Pdf\Exception\ExceptionFormatter;

try{
    $pdf = new \Spipu\Html2Pdf\Html2Pdf('P', 'A4', 'fr');
    $pdf->writeHTML($content);

    $pdf_done = $pdf->output('myPdf.pdf', 'S');

}catch(\Spipu\Html2Pdf\Exception\Html2PdfException $e){
    die($e);
}

?>

I tried adding ", 'base64', 'application / pdf'" in the addStringAttachment but it doesn't change anything. Do you have any idea of my mistake?

Thank you all

1 Answers

Debug one thing at a time. First download the PDF manually and make sure it looks correct – if the PDF is bad to start with, emailing it isn't going to improve things. Next check that it is readable from PHP – for example serve it using readfile(). Then when you try to attach it, check the return value of your call to addAttachment() like this:

if (!$mail->addAttachment('/path/to/myPdf.pdf')) {
    die('could not read PDF');
}

Also note the difference between addAttachment and addStringAttachment; you're adding a file that's been saved to disk, so you want the first one, not the second.

Related