How to prevent YouTube video name from showing up when changing volume in Windows 10. [YouTube IFrame Api]

Viewed 557

Question: how to prevent YouTube video name from showing up when changing volume in Windows 10. [YouTube IFrame Api]

What I don't want:

Image of what I don't want

I don't want the name of the YT video to show up when changing volume. It's really annoying and I can't find any way to disable it.

Is there some kind of playervar that stops this?

Thanks!

2 Answers

It appears that you currently cannot change Chrome flags to disable this from code. The best you can do is provide a direct link to the setting, as the flags page supports direct links to specific settings: chrome://flags/#hardware-media-key-handling

In the meantime, we'll just have to wait and make feature requests to Google. Maybe they can add a popup that says, "This website is trying to change a setting...", or something.

It is a browser feature, If you are using chrome you can disable this feature by navigating to chrome://flags/#hardware-media-key-handling and then disable Hardware Media Key Handling

enter image description here

Related