I am facing a problem uploading the user profile picture. Now when I create a user in Django admin and upload a file from the admin dashboard it works correctly and no errors. It goes to my AWS S3 bucket as it should go, but this is obviously not feasible, I have been looking for the solution for 3 to 4 days but no success or any satisfactory results. I obviously won't be providing the dashboard access to the user. The database used is MongoDB, with a database engine as djongo.
Here is my settings.py
INSTALLED_APPS = [
'profileupload',
's3direct',
'storages',
'django.contrib.admin',
'django.contrib.auth',
'django.contrib.contenttypes',
'django.contrib.sessions',
'django.contrib.messages',
'django.contrib.staticfiles',
'django.contrib.humanize',
]
STATIC_URL = '/static/'
MEDIA_ROOT = os.path.join(BASE_DIR, 'media')
MEDIA_URL = '/media/'
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY = 'MY_SPECIAL_KEY'
AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID = 'MY_SPECIAL_KEY_NAME'
AWS_STORAGE_BUCKET_NAME = 'S3_BUCKET'
AWS_S3_FILE_OVERWRITE = False
AWS_DEFAULT_ACL = None
DEFAULT_FILE_STORAGE = 'storages.backends.s3boto3.S3Boto3Storage'
My urls.py
from django.urls import path, include
from .views import signup_form
urlpatterns = [
path('signup', signup_form, name='signup'),
]
My models.py
class profile(models.Model):
profile_id = models.AutoField(primary_key=True,unique=True)
profile_username = models.CharField(max_length=100,unique=True)
profile_name = models.CharField(max_length=150)
profile_email = models.EmailField(max_length=200)
profile_create_time = models.DateField(auto_now_add=True)
profile_dob = models.DateField()
profile_password = models.CharField(max_length=50, null=True)
profile_picture = models.ImageField(default='default.jpg', upload_to='profile_pics')
def __str__(self):
return str(self.profile_username)
My views.py
def signup_form(request):
if request.method == 'POST':
if request.POST.get('profile_username') and request.POST.get('profile_name') and request.POST.get('profile_email') and request.POST.get('profile_dob') and request.POST.get('profile_password') and request.POST.get('profile_picture'):
pr = profile()
pr.profile_username = request.POST.get('profile_username')
pr.profile_name = request.POST.get('profile_name')
pr.profile_email = request.POST.get('profile_email')
pr.profile_password = request.POST.get('profile_password')
pr.profile_dob = request.POST.get('profile_dob')
pr.profile_picture = request.POST.get('profile_picture')
try:
pr.save()
print('setProfile success')
return redirect('index.html')
except Exception as e:
return render(request, 'signup.html')
return render(request, 'signup.html')
else:
return render(request, 'signup.html')
My Sign up Form 'signup.html'
{% extends 'index.html' %}
{% block content %}
<form method='POST'>
{% csrf_token %}
<div>
<label>USERNAME</label>
<input type="text" placeholder="" name="profile_username" required/>
</div><br>
<div>
<label>NAME</label>
<input type="text" placeholder="" name="profile_name" required/>
</div><br>
<div>
<label>EMAIL</label>
<input type="email" placeholder="" name="profile_email" required/>
</div><br>
<div>
<label>Password</label>
<input type="password" placeholder="" name="profile_password" required/>
</div><br>
<div>
<label>DOB</label>
<input type="date" placeholder="" name="profile_dob" required/>
</div><br>
<div>
<label>Profile Picture</label>
<input type="file" placeholder="" name="profile_picture" required/>
</div><br>
<button type="submit">submit</button>
</form>
<a href="/">Home</a>
{% endblock content %}
Also, I want to change the name of the uploaded file, the file which is uploaded by Django admin takes the file name as it is, but when I will expose this app to the public the file name must be proper to avoid overwritten or having the same file multiple times