I have loaded and plotted a FITS file in python. With the help of a previous post, I have managed to get the conversion of the axis from pixels to celestial coordinates. But I can't manage to get them in milliarcseconds (mas) correctly. The code is the following
import numpy as np
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import astropy.units as u
from astropy.wcs import WCS
from astropy.io import fits
from astropy.utils.data import get_pkg_data_filename
filename = get_pkg_data_filename('hallo.fits')
hdu = fits.open(filename)[0]
wcs = WCS(hdu.header).celestial
wcs.wcs.crval = [0,0]
plt.subplot(projection=wcs)
plt.imshow(hdu.data[0][0], origin='lower')
plt.xlim(200,800)
plt.ylim(200,800)
plt.xlabel('Relative R.A ()')
plt.ylabel('Relative Dec ()')
plt.colorbar()
The y-label is cut for some reason, I do not know.
As it was shown in another post, one could use
wcs.wcs.ctype = [ 'XOFFSET' , 'YOFFSET' ]
to switch it to milliarcsecond, and I get
but the scale is incorrect!. For instance, 0deg00min00.02sec should be 20 mas and not 0.000002! Did I miss something here?

