I find myself in a unique situation in which I need to multiply single elements within a listed pair of numbers where each pair is nested within a parent list of elements. For example, I have my pre-defined variables as:
output = []
initial_list = [[1,2],[3,4],[5,6]]
I am trying to calculate an output such that each element is the product of a unique combination (always of length len(initial_list)) of a single element from each pair. Using my example of initial_list, I am looking to generate an output of length pow(2 * len(initial_list)) that is scable for any "n" number of pairs in initial_list (with a minimum of 2 pairs). So in this case each element of the output would be as follows:
output[0] = 1 * 3 * 5
output[1] = 1 * 3 * 6
output[2] = 1 * 4 * 5
output[3] = 1 * 4 * 6
output[4] = 2 * 3 * 5
output[5] = 2 * 3 * 6
output[6] = 2 * 4 * 5
output[7] = 2 * 4 * 6
In my specific case, the order of output assignments does not matter other than output[0], which I need to be equivalent to the product of the first element in each pair in initial_list. What is the best way to proceed to generate an output list such that each element is a unique combination of every element in each list?
...
My initial approach consisted of using;
from itertools import combinations
from itertools import permutations
from itertools import product
to somehow generate a list of every possible combination then multiply the products together and append each product to the output list, but I couldn't figure out a wait to implement the tools successfully. I have since tried to create a recursive function that combines for x in range(2): with nested recursion recalls, but once again I cannot figured out a solution.
Someone more experienced and smarter than me please help me out; Any and all help is appreciated! Thank you!
