My app needs to create a Google Calendar and manage events in it for users. Google API Console allows to create a consent form for this scope:
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.app.created
It is supposed to allow creation of secondary calendars and events in those calendars. Description reads:
Make secondary Google calendars, and see, create, change, and delete events on them
However, after a user gives permission through the consent form etc, I am getting PERMISSION_DENIED when I try to create a calendar (I am using the REST api https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/calendars)
{
"error": {
"code": 403,
"message": "Request had insufficient authentication scopes.",
"errors": [
{
"message": "Insufficient Permission",
"domain": "global",
"reason": "insufficientPermissions"
}
],
"status": "PERMISSION_DENIED"
}
}
My code and the rest of the plumbing (authorization code, access token etc) works because if I use this scope:
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar
I am able to create the calendar.
So, anybody knows if https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.app.created is deprecated or something? It is not listed in the V3 calendar documentation but I was hopping that it continue to work. I hate to ask the user for full permission to all calendars since I only want to create and access a secondary calendar and that scope supposed to do exactly what I need.
Thoughts?