This is my first question on this site. Let's cut right to it:
I'm trying to create Voronoi diagrams with scipy in Python 3.8 on Kubuntu 20.04, however the problem seems to be that I cannot access the Voronoi class in scipy.spatial because it does not contain a reference to qhull. Other classes like ConvexHull which are also dependent on qhull are inaccessible as well. Trying to open qhull produces Cannot find reference to qhull in __init__.py in PyCharm, and I cannot navigate to it. Looking at the SciPy-Documentation, it would seem as though qhull is expected to be delivered alongside scipy, as there is no further information on how to install it.
So far I have tried:
- Upgrading
scipyto the latest version 1.5.3 - Fresh install of
scipy- I ranpip installwith verbose, but no errors or warnings (which should be color-coded afaik) appeared - Installing
qhull-binvia console - Building
qhullmanually
None of these approaches seems to have changed anything, except I can run qhull in the console now, but that's not really what I'm looking for.
I would appreciate any kind of advice you might have for me.