DBeaver PostgreSQL Database - SCRAM authentication is not supported by this driver

Viewed 7820

I am trying to add a PostgreSQL database to DBeaver and am getting the following error when I try to connect to the database. I'm using DBeaver Version 7.2.3.202010191702. And after receiving this message I installed the latest version of the JDK (11.0.9) and pgJDBC (postgresql-42.2.18.jar). I've not had PostgreSQL on this machine yet, so it's a fresh install of the latest version (v13). Any suggestions?

SCRAM authentication is not supported by this driver. You need JDK >= 8 and pgjdbc >= 42.2.0 (not ".jre" vesions)

3 Answers

I had same error and in my situation I had old database drivers. These steps fixed it for me:

  • Go to Database Driver Manager
  • Select PostgreSQL (either double click or single select and then "Edit ...")
  • Click on "Download/Update"
  • Choose newer version (see bold version text) e.g. 42.2.18 for org.postgresql:postgresql:RELEASE
  • Press "Download"

In my case, JRE version postgres being used in Pom.xml. Update it to the latest version and it should work

I had a problem similar to yours. This is the way to fix it:

  1. open folder PostgreSQL\14\data, edit postgresql.config fix password_encryption to md5
  2. alter all METHOD value to password in pg_hba.conf
  3. restart postgres server
Related