Edit -: I have made a slight mistake when posting the question and please go to the bottom where I have mentioned the mistake I have made if you come across this question.
I am a beginner in Python and trying to grasp the following concept on time module.
Following is what I did,
Here, between the two calls of time.time() , I changed the system clock. However, as the image shows, time.time() has been able to calculate the seconds since the epoch correctly regardless of the changes of the system clock. Does this mean that the system clock does not affect the time.time() function?
However, the documentation for the time.time() function tells the following,
While this function normally returns non-decreasing values, it can return a lower value than a previous call if the system clock has been set back between the two calls.
link to the documentation - https://docs.python.org/3/library/time.html
So I am wondering how come my system clock changes have not affected the calculations?
I am a beginner to programming and would be glad if someone could help me understand what is going on here.
Thanks.
This is a re-edit
I have made a mistake by not mentioning how I changed the system time. I changed the system time by changing the time zone and thankfully, Aplet123 has pointed this out to me in the comments.
