I would like to edit (add a column to) a CSV file stored in S3. I managed to do this by downloading the file, editing it with bash command and re-uploading it to S3.
But is there a better way to do this?
I would like to edit (add a column to) a CSV file stored in S3. I managed to do this by downloading the file, editing it with bash command and re-uploading it to S3.
But is there a better way to do this?
Is there a better way to do this ?
No. S3 is an object storage solution, not a file system. To modify objects, you download them, modify locally and re-upload.
Having said that, you can use third party tools, such as s3fs-fuse which can provide "file-like" interface for you to S3, but the underlying S3 object modification does not change.
If you do it often, you can modify S3 object from EC2 instances instead of downloading them to your local workstation outside of AWS.