Xcode: Do not have permission to view app

Viewed 98

I am new to Xcode.

I am getting a strange error message when try to I build my Xcode project to my iPhone. I get the following error message (despite the build being successful):

Error when I attempt to build project to iPhone

However, I don't have this issue when I build the project to a simulator - it will run my app fine.

I have gone into the /Library/Developer folder (the one that contains chessclock.app) and ensured that all files have a Read & Write permission. I have also made sure that all the relevant Xcode files have Read & Write permission. I also made sure that my Mac trusts the iPhone - and vice-versa - and have made sure that everything is up-to-date. Still this issue persists!

What can I try next?

Specifications

  • Xcode version 12.0.1
  • iPhone SE running iOS version 14.0.1
  • MacBook Air running macOS Catalina version 10.15.7

I have built the app in Kivy (Python) and used kivy-ios to create the Xcode project

1 Answers

Solved.

Some of my project files (my font files) were automatically uploaded to my iCloud - this was causing the permission issues, as I think I wasn't allowed to save an app to my phone that has access to my iCloud. After downloading the files and saving them locally, the app ran on my iPhone.

Related