I have the following problem: I'm using the variable font from the family inter (https://rsms.me/inter/) and implemented it the following way:
@font-face {
font-family: 'Inter var';
font-weight: 100 900;
font-display: swap;
font-style: normal;
font-named-instance: 'Regular';
src: url("Inter-roman.var.woff2?v=3.15") format("woff2");
}
html { font-family: 'Inter var', sans-serif; }
When styling a font, I only want to change the font-weight, therefore I declare it like this:
p { font-variation-settings: 'wght' 200; }
The browser renders the font in the correct family and weight, but unfortunately on page load, the font always "flickers" shortly. It seems to me, that the browser first renders the font in the normal font-weight and then re-renders it with my wanted weight. This issue is happening on all fonts I use with the variable font-variation-settings.
The behaviour happens on every page load, also on reloads. You can have a look at the issue during page-reload here:

Thanks for a hint!