Adding packages to Julia on WSL

Viewed 187

I wanted to add a julia package (JuMP) to my julia on windows subsystem for linux, but the operation got interrupted. When I tried it again, I get the error Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package Calculus (...). I tried removing it, but it says "not found in project or mainfest". Can I somehow fix this (without reinstalling julia)? I tried first adding Calculus, but it says it has no known versions. Thanks

error screenshot

Edit: already reinstalled julia, so solved for me. I will keep the question up, if anyone encounters the same error.

1 Answers

Basically, if you interrupt package installation the state of Julia package repository can remain corrupt. In result, in some cases, the only feasible solution is either to delete your .julia folder (which is usually in your HOME directory or set a new value for the JULIA_DEPOT_PATH variable pointing to a new empty directory location for your Julia package repository.

Unfortunately, since package installers perform many distinct steps, it seems there is no good other solution to repair a broken package repository (as of the current Julia version 1.5.2). The good news is that you do not need to reinstall Julia.

Related