I am attempting to update an SQL table from within Power BI. I have many automated reports around the company where I work, and my goal is for them to report back when they are viewed so I know if one isn't updating properly. I am able to do this with my custom applications, but not yet for power bi.
I wrote a simple script and was able to run it in the query editor and it returned no errors and successfully updated the table in question:
update [ReportStatus] set
[ViewedUTC] = GetUTCDate()
output inserted.[ViewedUTC] [Output]
where [Name] = 'ServerMonitor'

When I click "Close & Apply" I receive the error message that I cannot use a nested update statement (though this is not nested) in a select statement (this is not a select statement) where it is not the immediate source of rows for the insert statement (this is not an insert statement and it is the immediate source of rows.

I've googled this extensively and while others have the same error message, I was unable to find one that was attempting to update and did so successfully. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks! Lexen
