How to display the values in a pie chart - Google Apps Script

Viewed 935

So I have recently starting using apps script to create a dashboard that creates charts. However for the life of me, I can't get the pie slice text to show up. I've tried a lot of ways based on solutions I found online, but I think I now need someone's help to know if I'm doing something wrong in my code.

Here is the sheet with some dummy data.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tPc0KU2uYuN4rO32tW-s6lql_IW57kbDUdSR8ZSkVXY/edit?usp=sharing

I had a lot of formatting for the texts and the labels etc, however I removed it all just to see if that was causing an issue. The PieSliceText, or data label, still won't show. Its super frustrating as I've been at it for a couple of days now. Hoping that someone will respond on the query!:)

And here is the code that I'm using:

  var sheet = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSheet();
  var chartDataRange = sheet.getRange('G2:H5');   
  var pieChartTitle = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSheet().getRange('I71').getValue();
  var pieChartBuilder = sheet.newChart()
     .addRange(chartDataRange)
     .setChartType(Charts.ChartType.PIE)
     .setOption('Slices',{0:{pieSliceText:'value'},1:{pieSliceText:'value'},2:{pieSliceText:'value'}})
     .setPosition(2,1,0,0)
     .setOption('title', pieChartTitle)
     .setOption('width',500).setOption('height',300)
     .setOption('pieHole',0.5)
     .build();
  
    sheet.insertChart(pieChartBuilder);
 }
1 Answers

If you are looking to display the values of the slices, try this:

.setOption('pieSliceText', 'value')

Code snippet:

Value 350 does not appear because it is a very small slice compared to the other two.

function createPieChart() {
  var sheet = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSheet();
  var chartDataRange = sheet.getRange('G2:H5');   
  var pieChartTitle = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSheet().getRange('I71').getValue();
  var pieChartBuilder = sheet.newChart()
     .addRange(chartDataRange)
     .setChartType(Charts.ChartType.PIE)
     .setOption('pieSliceText', 'value')
     .setPosition(2,1,0,0)
     .setOption('title', pieChartTitle)
     .setOption('width',500).setOption('height',300)
     .setOption('pieHole',0.5)
     .build();
    sheet.insertChart(pieChartBuilder);
 }

label


References:

Visualization: Pie Chart

Related