Can't fully disable python linting Pylance VSCODE

Viewed 16617

I've been searching online for quite a while now and can't seem to find a solution for my problem. I installed Pylance (the newest microsoft interperter for Python) and can't seem to disable linting at all. I've tried a lot of options but none worked. Here's a screenshot of how annoying linting is in my code now.

Here's how my VSCode Settings file looks like:

{
// "python.pythonPath": "C://Anaconda3//envs//py34//python.exe",
// "python.pythonPath": "C://Anaconda3_2020//python.exe",
// "python.pythonPath": "C://Anaconda3_2020_07//python.exe",
"python.pythonPath": "C://Anaconda3//python.exe",
"python.analysis.disabled": [ 
    "unresolved-import"
],
"editor.suggestSelection": "first",
"editor.fontSize": 15,
"typescript.tsserver.useSeparateSyntaxServer": false,
"workbench.colorTheme": "Monokai ST3",
"workbench.colorCustomizations":{
    "editor.background": "#000000",
    "statusBar.background" : "#000000",
    "statusBar.noFolderBackground" : "#212121",
    "statusBar.debuggingBackground": "#263238"
},
"window.zoomLevel": 0,
"editor.renderLineHighlight": "none",
"editor.fontFamily": "Meslo LG L",
"editor.tabCompletion": "on",
"editor.parameterHints.enabled": true,
"python.terminal.executeInFileDir": true,
"python.terminal.launchArgs": [
    "-u"
],
"terminal.integrated.shell.windows": "C:\\Windows\\System32\\WindowsPowerShell\\v1.0\\powershell.exe",
"editor.lineHeight": 0,
"workbench.editor.scrollToSwitchTabs": true,
"python.autoComplete.showAdvancedMembers": false,
"python.languageServer": "Pylance",
"python.linting.enabled": false,
"python.linting.pylintEnabled": false,
"python.linting.lintOnSave": false,
"python.linting.flake8Enabled": false,
"python.linting.mypyEnabled": false,
"python.linting.banditEnabled": false,
"python.linting.pylamaEnabled": false,
"python.linting.pylintArgs": [
    "--unsafe-load-any-extension=y",
    "--load-plugin",
    "pylint_protobuf",
    "--disable=all",
    "--disable=undefined-variable",
],
"python.linting.mypyArgs": [
    "--ignore-missing-imports",
    "--follow-imports=silent",
    "--show-column-numbers",
    "--extension-pkg-whitelist=all",
    "--disable=all",
    "--disable=undefined-variable",
],

}

enter image description here

Any thoughts? Any help is much appreciated.

2 Answers

You can disable the language server with:

"python.languageServer": "None"

I was able to click on the Extensions within VSC, search for Pylance and then right click to uninstall. You can also disable.

Related