I faced to some issue when I wanted to test my handler which publishes a message on SNS.
Here is my code:
// my handler
export const handler = (event) => {
try {
await emitDeletionComplete(classified.metadata.classifiedRequestId);
}
catch(e) {
console.error(e);
throw new Error(e);
}
}
// my SNS service
import SNS from 'aws-sdk/clients/sns';
const snsClient = new SNS({region: process.env.AWS_REGION});
export const emitDeletionComplete = async (id) => {
try {
await snsClient.publish({
Message: JSON.stringify({
type: 'DELETE_COMPLETE',
data: {
id
}
}),
TopicArn: process.env.SNS_ARN
}).promise();
} catch(err) {
console.error(err, err.stack);
throw new Error('We do not succeed to publish the message DELETE_COMPLETE to ARN: ' + process.env.SNS_ARN);
}
};
When i want to test, i try to do :
import { handler } from '../../../src/handler/dispatch-deletion-to-legacy';
import SNS from 'aws-sdk/clients/sns';
jest.mock('aws-sdk/clients/sns', () => {
return {
__esModule: true,
default: jest.fn(() => {
return {
publish: jest.fn().mockReturnThis(),
promise: jest.fn(),
}
}),
};
});
[...]
it('should delete', () => {
let sns = new SNS();
const event = {
Records: [
{
body: JSON.stringify({...some event...})
}
]
}
handler(event);
expect(sns.publish().promise).toBeCalledTimes(1);
});
Apparently, it is never called. I don't get why.Maybe my mock is completely wrong.
i'm stuck with it for few hours now...Any idea how can I mock correctly ?
EDIT 1 : https://github.com/JLGouwy/aws-sns-mock-test
thanks