ACCESS_MEDIA_LOCATION permission request is not showing prompt

Viewed 1693

I've set my app to target AP 29 and removed requestLegacyExternalStorage=true from manifest.

Now I'm checking if the user has this permission and if result is denied I request for permission.

My problem is that the request for permission is returning Granted without showing the prompt... I know the flow is working since I'm able to read the GPS location from picture after being granted.

I see permission status = Denied and as soon as I explicitly request this permission, it returns Granted without any user interaction.

Eveything looks OK but I'm confused about not seeing the prompt... is this expected? I saw this permission qualifies as "Dangerous" so I was expecting a prompt. I'm testing on a Android 10 device.

I'm not showing any code since the project is Xamarin and the permission logic is handled through a third party library, don't think my code will help as the platform logic to request the permission is hidden by the component.

0 Answers
Related