My architecture consists of three applications:
- Authorization Server (10.10.1.1:8080)
- Client A (10.10.3.3:8084)
- Client B (10.10.2.2:8089)
Both Client A and B are serving static Angular files. Both clients are "communicating" with each other - it is possible to navigate from the first one to another one and back as well (through normal window.location.replace).
Everything works great instead of one specific situation.
- I'm logging into Client A application (through Authorization server redirect).
- I'm opening Client B - user is properly authenticated based on Client A.
- I'm coming back to Client A - user is still authenticated. (I can repeat steps 2 and 3 endlessly)
- I'm logging out from Client A.
- I'm logging in again into Client A with the same or different user.
- I'm opening Client B and getting blank page due to some network issues.
After page refresh everything works fine (JSESSIONID is changing in the browser and user is properly authenticated).
I've tried couple different approaches and configurations using session invalidation. Session is properly invalidated but then it is not created again (user is changing to anonymous instead of being properly taken from Client A).
Then follows redirect to authorization server, which isn't available for some reason.
The problem here is that normal flow after redirect (step 2) is:
- Redirect to
10.10.2.2:8089/home-page /home-pagegets302 REDIRECTin network tab to/login/loginredirects to10.10.1.1:8080/oauth/authorize- then it redirects back to
/home-pagewith status200 OK.
Error flow after redirect (step 6) is:
- Redirect to
10.10.2.2:8089/home-page /home-pagegets200 OKin network tab- application loads the page and it makes request for user data (
/api/user) which gets401 - the entire redirect cycle takes place and ends with unability to redirect to
10.10.1.1:8080/oauth/authorize - after page refresh everything works fine.
I've tried:
- couple different approaches and configurations in security (both on Client A and Client B)
- allowing all origins in
CorsFilter(for testing purposes - even that didn't help) - adding another cookie through
server.servlet.cookie.nameand erasing it bydeleteCookies()or proper handler - adding
maximumSessions(2)for tests purposes - even that didn't help
At last I made some tricky solution. I made request to Client B before redirect to Client A. It removed JSESSIONID through HttpServletResponse. It helped, but only when I'm working on one browser tab.
If I have two tabs opened (one with Client A and one with Client B) after doing step 5 and 6 and refreshing the page on Client B, problem still persists (because I didn't erase JSESSIONID from the browser).
I don't know if I understand this problem properly (that JSESSIONID is problematic in the browser), so correct me if I'm wrong. Also - I don't know how to erase this cookie or allow OAuth2 Filters to automatically create new one and invalidate the session in proper way.
Can anybody help me with this problem and show what I'm doing wrong here?
Client A - Security Configuration
@Configuration
@EnableOAuth2Sso
public class SecurityConfig extends WebSecurityConfigurerAdapter {
@Bean
public OAuth2RestTemplate oauth2RestTemplate(final OAuth2ClientContext context,
final OAuth2ProtectedResourceDetails details) {
return new OAuth2RestTemplate(details, context);
}
@Override
public void configure(final HttpSecurity http) throws Exception {
http
.formLogin()
.and()
.logout().clearAuthentication(true)
.invalidateHttpSession(true)
// .deleteCookies("JSESSIONID")
// .logoutSuccessHandler((httpServletRequest, httpServletResponse, authentication) -> {httpServletResponse.setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_OK);})
.addLogoutHandler(new ProperCookieClearingLogoutHandler("JSESSIONID"))
.and()
.authorizeRequests()
.antMatchers("/index.html", "/main.html", "/login", "/resources/**", ...)
.permitAll()
.anyRequest()
.authenticated()
.and()
.csrf().csrfTokenRepository(CookieCsrfTokenRepository.withHttpOnlyFalse());
}
}
Client B - Security Configuration
@Configuration
@EnableOAuth2Sso
public class SecurityConfig extends WebSecurityConfigurerAdapter {
@Bean
public OAuth2RestTemplate oauth2RestTemplate(final OAuth2ClientContext context,
final OAuth2ProtectedResourceDetails details) {
return new OAuth2RestTemplate(details, context);
}
@Override
public void configure(HttpSecurity http) throws Exception {
http
.logout().clearAuthentication(true)
.invalidateHttpSession(true)
// .deleteCookies("JSESSIONID")
// .logoutSuccessHandler((httpServletRequest, httpServletResponse, authentication) -> {httpServletResponse.setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_OK);})
.addLogoutHandler(new ProperCookieClearingLogoutHandler("JSESSIONID"))
.and()
.authorizeRequests()
.antMatchers("/index.html", "/main.html", "/resources/**", "/login/**")
.permitAll()
.anyRequest()
.authenticated()
.and()
.csrf()
.csrfTokenRepository(CookieCsrfTokenRepository.withHttpOnlyFalse());
}
}
Authorization Server - Security Configuration
@Configuration
@EnableGlobalMethodSecurity(prePostEnabled = true)
public class SecurityConfig extends WebSecurityConfigurerAdapter {
@Override
protected void configure(HttpSecurity http) throws Exception {
http
.authorizeRequests()
.antMatchers("/login")
.permitAll().and()
.formLogin().failureHandler(new FailureAuthenticationHandler())
.loginPage("/login").permitAll()
.and().requestMatchers()
.antMatchers("/login")
.antMatchers("/oauth/authorize")
.antMatchers("/oauth/confirm_access")
.and()
.anyRequest().authenticated()
.and().sessionManagement().maximumSessions(-1).expiredUrl("/...").sessionRegistry(sessionRegistry());
}
@Bean
SessionRegistry sessionRegistry() {
return new SessionRegistryImpl();
}
... authentication providers ...
@Override
@Bean
public AuthenticationManager authenticationManagerBean() throws Exception {
return super.authenticationManagerBean();
}
}
@Configuration
@EnableAuthorizationServer
public class AuthorizationServerConfig extends AuthorizationServerConfigurerAdapter {
@Autowired
private AuthenticationManager authenticationManager;
@Autowired
CustomTokenStore customTokenStore;
@Override
public void configure(ClientDetailsServiceConfigurer clients) throws Exception {
clients.inMemory().withClient("x").secret("x")
.authorizedGrantTypes("x").autoApprove(true).scopes("x");
}
@Override
public void configure(final AuthorizationServerEndpointsConfigurer endpoints) {
endpoints.tokenStore(customTokenStore).authenticationManager(authenticationManager);
}
@Override
public void configure(AuthorizationServerSecurityConfigurer oauthServer) {
oauthServer.allowFormAuthenticationForClients();
}
}
Full log from Client B: https://pastebin.com/aVc5AXcx
Thank you in advance.
24.10.2020 - TOPIC EDIT
After digging deeper and doing some research I probably found a core of the problem, but I don't know how to solve it yet.
First problem
There are two OAuth2 clients (annoted with @EnableOAuth2Sso) that share the same session and user data, but they don't know about each other openly (and about each other login/logout state).
- I'm working on Client B and triggering logout call on that specific client.
- Then I'm redirecting to authorization server login page with specific logout params.
- I'm making logout call to authorization server on
POSTmethod and/logoutpath. - After successfull user logout I'm doing
window.location.replaceto Client A, which gets unauthorized error in network tab (401):
WWW-Authenticate header: Bearer realm="oauth2-resource", error="invalid_token", error_description="Invalid access token: 27ef8abe-e8e5-4d07-aaf4-a82a8757614e"
And in console of Client A I get:
UserInfoTokenServices: Could not fetch user details: class org.springframework.security.oauth2.client.resource.UserRedirectRequiredException, A redirect is required to get the users approval.
Second problem
Similiar situation is in the base problem stated in this topic. After relogin on Client A and page refresh on Client B, it has some session/token in cache and think that user is still authenticated in that client. It returns status 200 OK in HTML routing path (f.e. /home-page), but gets unauthorized on first request to API and giving the same invalid_token header:
WWW-Authenticate header: Bearer realm="oauth2-resource", error="invalid_token", error_description="Invalid access token: 4026cf9f-8081-4870-b9bf-6e6ff89d4ded" (401)
And in Resource Server I get:
Unable to obtain a new access token for resource 'null'. The provider manager is not configured to support it.
Both clients have the same configuration in properties
security.oauth2.client.client-id=x
security.oauth2.client.client-secret=y
security.oauth2.client.user-authorization-uri=http://${auhorization.server.url}/oauth/authorize
security.oauth2.client.access-token-uri=http://${auhorization.server.url}/oauth/token
security.oauth2.resource.user-info-uri=http://${resource.server.url}/user
Conclusion
I've tried adding csrfHeaderFilter and OAuth2ClientContextFilter from this topic, but it didn't help. https://github.com/spring-guides/tut-spring-security-and-angular-js/issues/76
So the question is how to handle logout / refresh session and user context in another client after logout from the second one (and authorization server)? I don't know if I'm getting this process right, but I'm still anylizing what's going on here...
Can anybody show me some solution?