I was trying to write create some beamer slides in Rmarkdown. Since the beamer slides would need to include some Chinese characters, I have to specify xelatex as the latex engine.
However, recently I found that the xelatex engine has a problem (the problem was not here a month ago): When using xelatex as the latex engine, the itemise bullets in beamer slides disappeared.
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?
Below is a minimum working example:
---
title: trial doc
institute: |
| Department trial
| trial Education
Date: "17 October 2020"
output:
beamer_presentation:
theme: "CambridgeUS"
colortheme: "dolphin"
slide_level: 3
latex_engine: xelatex
df_print: kable
classoption: "aspectratio=169"
fontsize: 10pt
mainfont: Times New Roman
header-includes:
- \setbeamercolor{frametitle}{bg=white}
- \usepackage{ctex}
- \AtBeginSubsection{}
- \AtBeginSection{}
- \setbeamerfont{frametitle}{series=\bfseries}
- \AtBeginDocument{\title[xxx]{xxxxx}}
- \AtBeginDocument{\institute[xxxxx]{\\Department of xxx\\xxx}}
- \AtBeginDocument{\author[xxxxxx]{XXX}}
---
\frametitle{Outline}
\tableofcontents
# 欢迎
\frametitle{\textbf{Welcome}}
some text
some Chinese text 你好
trying to itemize:
- Hello
- subitem
trying some numbered list:
1. hello
2. hello
And the output I get is as below:
When I try using pdflatex as the latex engine (in which case I cannot use the ctex package and cannot include Chinese characters in my beamer slides), the itemize and numbered list works perfectly.
Really appreciate if someone can help me with this!