Does using Gmail API (oauth based) on a public application costs money?

Viewed 212

In my application, I want to use (oAuth based) Gmail API for sending Emails.

Sensitive Scope Added in the developer's console

NOTE: I want to make my app public. A user can simply authenticate using the consent screen and will give the Email sending permissions to the application.

The question is that I am not sure if the verification of my app using OAuth based Gmail API will also include security assessment (costing $15k - $75k) or it will be verified without the security assessment.

Image 2

Image 3

1 Answers

The following scope

https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.send Send email on your behalf

Is one of the Gmail scopes because of that it is considered to be a sensitive scope and when your application goes though the Google Oauth verification process you will need to have a third party company (provided by Google) to preform a security assessment on your application, they will probably need to see videos of your application in action and may or may not want to test it live and see code.

The cost for this is $15k - $75k.

Related