I get an error for a rather simple rule. I have to write a task file for another program, expecting a tsv file. I read a certain number of parameters from my config file and write them to a file with a shell command.
Code:
rule create_tasks:
output:
temp("tasks_{sample}.tsv")
params:
ID="{sample}",
file=lambda wc: samples["path"][wc.sample] ,
bigwig=lambda wc: samples["bigwig"][wc.sample] ,
ambig=lambda wc: samples["ambig"][wc.sample]
shell:
'echo -e "{params.ID}\t{params.file}" > {output}'
When I execute the workflow, I get the following error:
Building DAG of jobs...
Using shell: /usr/bin/bash
Provided cluster nodes: 1
Job counts:
count jobs
1 create_tasks
1
[Mon Oct 12 14:48:15 2020]
rule create_tasks:
output: tasks_sampleA.tsv
jobid: 0
wildcards: sample=sampleA
echo -e "sampleA /Path/To/sampleA.bed " > tasks_sampleA.tsv
WorkflowError in line 23 of /path/to/workflow.snakefile:
'Wildcards' object has no attribute 'output'
File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/snakemake_submit/lib/python3.8/site-packages/snakemake/executors/__init__.py", line 111, in run_jobs
File "/path/to/miniconda/envs/snakemake_submit/lib/python3.8/site-packages/snakemake/executors/__init__.py", line 1233, in run
I should mention, that two of the variables are empty and that I expect the tabs/whitespaces in the echo command.
Does anybody have an explanation, why snakemake is trying to find output in the wildcards? I am expecially confused, because it is printing the correct command.