When installing Jenkins (LTS) on windows 10 via the installer, after choosing the JDK folder - an error pops when the service is trying to start.
The error reads: "Jenkins failed to start - Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services"
Let me make it clear that I DO have sufficient privileges, yet something is not working.
I tried many different suggestions to fix this issue, and read many posts but none helped. Also, a lot of these posts are getting old and I'm not sure how relevant they are these days.
I found a way to fix this issue, and I'll post it as a suggested answer. This could also work for other installers, but it was only tested with the Jenkins installer.
However, if anyone knows a better way to fix this - please share it with us.
Hope this method will help many people!


