We have a VM set up on Google Cloud and are keen to be able to automate or schedule turning it on and off.
We have automated scripts inside that do the work after that and so far what I've read in the literature by google is more in relation to those instances but I haven't been able to find anything that helps us.
I know that other systems like in Azure this is achievable. I.e
Schedule Azure VM to turn on, run a script and turn off
I'm looking for the Google equivalent use case and steps please!
Thanks so much.
Background
Hi Everyone, I have no coding experience. I am asking this question to help out a team mate who has asked me as product dev if I can figure this out while he does important heavy lifting.
We are a small team, trying to save what little we can and use Google VM's to run some scripts that are quite important. Even though the machine being on all the time only would only cost $$/month but we live on peanuts and decided to limit the runtime to once a week and we can really manage a lot at the moment with that.
Would really appreciate any and all help in how we can achieve this because otherwise I need to login regularly and turn it on and off and if forgetting to do so one week could be pretty bad.
