IntelliJ IDEA console seems to have extra "padding" between lines, causing background color to be taller than actual line height

Viewed 482

I've installed Oh My Zsh with the Powerlevel10k theme. It looks fine in a regular terminal:

enter image description here

But in IntelliJ IDEA there appears to be some "padding" in console lines that cause the background colors to span taller than the height of the angle symbols:

enter image description here

I've tried overriding the default in Editor > Color Scheme > Console Font to set Line Spacing to 1.0:

enter image description here

In fact even setting this to 0.8 or less, while scrunching the text, doesn't seem to have any effect on the mismatched background color heights, leading me to believe it's not a problem with line spacing.

I know this is super minor and that's why I've lived with it for several months now, but it would make me very happy if someone knew how to fix this.

1 Answers

It is a known issue. Please vote for IDEA-219163.

UPD: The issue has been fixed in 2020.3 IDE versions.

Related