Control "ws2811" addressable rgb led strip with esp32

Viewed 1416

I have bought an addressable RGB Led Strip from banggood. It was titled as an ws2811 RGB Led Strip. But I only have found ws2811 RGB Leds which aren't Strip, but LEDs connected with some wire. I have some doubt that these are ws2811 LEDs. I think they are ws2812 LEDs titled as ws2811s. Now I try to control them with my ESP32 with the FastLED library but it does not want to work...

Here is my code:

#include <FastLED.h>
#define LED_PIN     27
#define LED_COUNT    1
CRGB leds[LED_COUNT];

void setup() {
  FastLED.addLeds<WS2812, LED_PIN, RGB>(leds, LED_COUNT);
}

void loop() {
  leds[0] = CRGB(255, 0, 0);
  FastLED.show();
}

Here is my wiring: My Wiring. Sorry for the catastrophic drawing...

My problem is that it does not want to work!

Has anyone an idea why? Thanks a lot!

1 Answers

The esp 32 if I'm correct outputs 3.3V signal. The minimum voltage for WS2811 signal input is 5V. So you will need to use transistor to step up the voltage. I tried it but it didn't work, perhaps i choose the wrong transistor but it was the only one i had available that is PNP. Also please respond if you find the solution. :)

Related