Widget in the app not appearing in the device?

Viewed 2398

We have a problem with adding the widget to the screen. Our app has 2 widgets and app is live in AppStore.

The problem that some users can see only 1 widget (randomly, and using the newest version of the app), some see both widgets. It is hard to debug as I see both widgets on my device.

Happened on iPhone 6S iOS 14, iPhone 11 iOS 14. I guess there are more users as well who can't see these widgets.

Any known issues?

1 Answers

So I found the reason, so in future, if anyone has the same issues, might help:

  1. Apple for today has some bugs related to the WidgetKit. If you want to see the widget in the widget menu, you must first open the app (after updating or installing) and then put the app to the background or kill the app
  2. Now you are able to see the widget in the widget menu
Related