VS Code - The git repository at 'c:\Users\myname' has too many active changes, only a subset of Git features will be enabled

Viewed 1329

I have recently installed Git and my only issue is every time I open VScode it will attempt to give me the warning/error message

The git repository at 'c:\Users\myname' has too many active changes, 
only a subset of Git features will be enabled**. 

There is a listing for over 5000 files. I assume this has something to do with being in the program files folder?

I am new to programming and not sure what the issue is. I checked the other form answers for this question but nothing was making sense. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Answers

Check if you have a hidden .git folder under %USERPROFILE% (your C:\Users\MyName folder)

If you do, rename or delete it: there should not be a Git repository for the all Windows HOME folder: that would force VSCode to monitor too many files, as the warning suggests.

Related