Wordpress Sendgrid Email wasn't sent

Viewed 406

I was trying to setup WordPress to send email using Sendgrid. I have created free sendgrid account, senders identity and API key following this document

But when I try to send test email under SendGrid Test - Send a test email with these settings

I see Email wasn't sent. at the top

What I am missing here ?

1 Answers

I had the same error, however because their official plugin is only checking wp_mail is true (source). I decided it wasn't worth digging into their plugin as its unmaintained, so I setup an SMTP relay API key and used Easy WP SMTP plugin instead.

  1. Create SMTP relay API on send grid docs.
  2. Configure Easy WP SMTP settings (it's platform agnostic, so you'll need to make sure you have the correct settings. Mine were: server: smtp.sendgrid.net // SMTP port: 465 // SMTP Auth: yes // Username: apikey // Password: Generated API key.

This is a workaround due to 3 things really: Time, unmaintained plugin and lack of verbose/useful error reporting from said plugin. Mileage may vary with this "solution".

Edit: Duh, the actual way I got this error was because I had the SMTP server address copy pasta incorrect. Ensure the smtp server is copy pasta'd correctly.

Related