I've been reading up on a lot of questions pertaining to ffmpeg and streaming a live feed from a webcam, and have gotten pretty close but I am just missing something small. I have a Pocketbeagle (pocket-size linux computer) running Debian, with a webcam attached via USB. The pocketbeagle is connected to my Windows computer via ethernet over USB. The pocketbeagle has the IP 192.168.7.2, and my computer 192.168.7.1. I am attempting to stream via UDP to VLC, but I cannot see the video feed on VLC no matter what I try
The command I am running is this:
ffmpeg -f v4l2 -input_format mjpeg -i /dev/video0 -framerate 10 -video_size 1280x720 -f mpegts udp:192.168.7.1:15151
This results in this output, which appears to actually be streaming something as the Lsize and time increase while it runs until I kill it:
ffmpeg version 4.1.6-1~deb10u1 Copyright (c) 2000-2020 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 8 (Debian 8.3.0-6)
configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version='1~deb10u1' --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-
linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --arch=arm --enable-gpl --disable-stripping
--enable-avresample --disable-filter=resample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --
enable-libaom --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio -
-enable-libcodec2 --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi -
-enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libjack --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-
libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librsvg --enable-
librubberband --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh
--enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --
enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq
--enable-libzvbi --enable-lv2 --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-
libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libx264
--enable-shared
libavutil 56. 22.100 / 56. 22.100
libavcodec 58. 35.100 / 58. 35.100
libavformat 58. 20.100 / 58. 20.100
libavdevice 58. 5.100 / 58. 5.100
libavfilter 7. 40.101 / 7. 40.101
libavresample 4. 0. 0 / 4. 0. 0
libswscale 5. 3.100 / 5. 3.100
libswresample 3. 3.100 / 3. 3.100
libpostproc 55. 3.100 / 55. 3.100
Input #0, video4linux2,v4l2, from '/dev/video0':
Duration: N/A, start: 2998.098197, bitrate: N/A
Stream #0:0: Video: mjpeg, yuvj422p(pc, bt470bg/unknown/unknown), 1280x720, 30 fps, 30 tbr,
1000k tbn, 1000k tbc
Stream mapping:
Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (mjpeg (native) -> mpeg2video (native))
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
[swscaler @ 0x1bb2d40] deprecated pixel format used, make sure you did set range correctly
Output #0, mpegts, to 'udp:192.168.7.1:15151':
Metadata:
encoder : Lavf58.20.100
Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg2video (4:2:2), yuv422p, 1280x720, q=2-31, 200 kb/s, 30 fps, 90k tbn, 30
tbc
Metadata:
encoder : Lavc58.35.100 mpeg2video
Side data:
cpb: bitrate max/min/avg: 0/0/200000 buffer size: 0 vbv_delay: -1
frame= 17 fps=2.8 q=31.0 Lsize= 654kB time=00:00:02.10 bitrate=2552.5kbits/s speed=0.343x x
video:605kB audio:0kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: 8.214545%
Exiting normally, received signal 2.
On top of that, VLC recognizes a stream of some sort has started, and very slowly increments the time (like 1 second every 30s-1m). However, I do not see any video coming through.
Any help in getting this running would be much appreciated!